Sunday 23 August 2015

Early sixties Monark Marin 4 hp

This weekend I got to enjoy one of the highlights of the year: the Juthbacka marknad. It translates to the Juthbacka fair/swap meet. It is the biggest fair of its type here in Finland and I always look forward to attend it. The thing I enjoy most is that it is a fair for the whole family: one can find everything from car parts, engines, tools, to antique furniture, clothes, kitchenware and so on.

This year I didn't find as much stuff as I would have liked to find. I need to start hoarding projects for the coming winter, you know, haha.

I did find one cool outboard motor, though. This is an early 1960's swedish made Monark 4 hp.  Got it for the grand total of 15 €! 

The engine is one cylinder, air cooled, approximately 77 cc. It has got an internal 1.5 litre gas tank plus a connector for an external tank, which is a really cool feature! It is direct drive.

I got it to run after just a little bit of tinkering but I still need to get it to run well. Here are some pictures of it. Enjoy!











Note fuel pump and connector for an external tank

















No comments:

Post a Comment