Saturday, 28 November 2015
Projects for this coming winter
Hi again guys and gals, been a long time!
Winter is here again. We're almost in December already and christmas is at the door.
With winter comes mixed feelings: I very much dislike putting my cars in storage, it breaks my heart not to be able to enjoy driving them for a long time, but on the other hand I'm eager to get working on the cars to finish everything that has to get done before spring.
Last winter I had my 1973 Saab 96 repainted and spent some time working on that car. This winter I will mainly be focusing on my Miata. Here is a list of things that I will be doing and what I'm thinking of doing to it:
This will get done:
- Replacing timing belt, along with crank- and camshaft main seals
- replacing the water pump
- General service, including engine oil change, gearbox and differential oil changes, new spark plugs
- Installing a set of lowering springs
- get a set of brand new tires
- get a wheel alignment
Thinking of doing:
- replacing brake pads and discs
- building custom exhaust headers
- installing a 2.5" exhaust system
And just like any miata owner, I've come to the conclusion that the car is just fantastic but lacks some serious power. Therefore, some kind of forced induction is on my wishlist.. Turbo would be the easiest way to go but I like the idea of supercharging it.
So, lets see what happens!