Sunday 14 June 2015

Engine related acessories

I have found that when collecting something, you always collect not only the main thing, but also things related to them.
Sometimes original acessories raise the value of collector items and sometimes not. For me personally, it just makes the item more collectable. Nothing floats my boat as finding something original belonging to the engine..be it trivial as the gas tank, or an original receipt of purchase or owners manual. Usually these things get lost over the years. I also love stories around the engines, so usually when talking to the seller/donor I always try to get him/her to tell me as mush as possible of its history.

Here are some things that I have gotten with my engines. I'll start off with the original owners manual for my Evinrude Sportwin 10 hp. The manual is in Finnish and is in a really good shape.


My engine was bought brand new from Ab Haldin & Rose Oy in Pietarsaari.


Next up is the original, English, owners manual for my 1977 Seagull.



And here is the Finnish one that also came with the engine




Original Seagull combination spanner and spare prop springs



All these parts came in this awesome Seagull plastic folder.


Original tool roll for my 1970 Yamaha P250


And here is a fantastic plastic bag with ads for Chrysler Marine














No comments:

Post a Comment