Wednesday 8 April 2015

1963 Homelite XL-12

Here we have something a little bit different from the marine engines I have posted so far. This is my 1963 Homelite XL-12 chain saw, that the seller threw in on the deal when I bought my British Seagull.
These chainsaws were known for their reliability and robustness, but quite notorious for their noise.
I haven't quite decided what to do with this one yet. I'm thinking either showroom quality restoration or to run it just like it is. Anyway, I'm goin to let this one sit for a while, while I complete some other projects I have going on.

Fun fact: this chainsaw got world wide fame after being featured in the 1974 movie the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"

Some specification of the saw:

52.4 cc, one cylinder, two stroke
Cylinder bore 44.4 mm
Piston stroke 34.9 mm
Weight 5.8 kgs
Runs an Oregon 72D-type chain

Wonder if this one is something my Dad would like for his woodworking sessions at our summer house?






Note: manual chain oiler



















No comments:

Post a Comment